- 5 poblano peppers
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 4 cups chicken bone broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 3 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- Roast poblano peppers until skin is charred and blistered. You can do this over the open flame on a gas stove, or by heating your broiler to high and placing poblanos within a few inches of the broiler (turning to get all sides charred).
- Place poblanos in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let cool, then rub skin to remove as much as possible. Cut out seeds and then place in a food processor or blender to finely chop. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add onion and cook, stirring frequently, until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add garlic, cumin, and poblanos and stir until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir in chicken broth and season to taste with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to a simmer. Add chicken pieces and continue to cook until chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Add cream cheese and two cups of the cheddar cheese and whisk until smooth.
- To serve, divide into 6 bowls and sprinkle each with 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese. Sit briefly under the broiler until cheese is melted and browned (this step is optional but OH SO GOOD!).
Yield: 6 (as a full meal soup)
- Food energy: 575kcal
- Total fat: 37.99g
- Carbohydrate: 4.24g
- Protein per serving: 39.77g
- Total dietary fiber: 0.17g
The original content source: https://asweetlife.org/chile-relleno-chicken-soup/
SOME VIDEOS RELATED TO CHILE RELLENO CHICKEN SOUP
THE AWESOME SOURCES FOR CHILE RELLENO CHICKEN SOUP RECIPE
Chile Relleno Chicken Soup
Ever had a chile relleno? It’s a delicious Mexican dish that consists of a roasted poblano pepper stuffed with cheese, dipped in an egg batter, and fried. All those same flavors also make for a deliciously rich, cheesy soup. I added chicken to make this soup a little more substantial. It’s perfect for the approaching cold weather!
Read More: Chile Relleno Chicken Soup
Low Carb Chile Relleno Chicken Soup | All Day I Dream About Food
All the best low carb keto recipes for a healthy lifestyle
October 25, 2015
Slow Cooker Chicken Chile Relleno Soup
My Incredible Recipes
March 19, 2019 · Leave a Comment
Read More: Slow Cooker Chicken Chile Relleno Soup
Low Carb Chile Relleno Soup Recipe and Nutrition – Eat This Much
Takes 25 min, serves 6.
Slow Cooker Chicken Chile Relleno Soup – YouTube
Houston Mommy and Lifestyle Blogger | Moms Without Answers
We don’t have all the answers, but we have all the fun
Chile Relleno Soup Recipe by Leelumae – Cookpad
Roasted poblano peppers and melted cheese make this soup a true comfort meal!
Begin by placing peppers on a baking sheet and roasting under broiler in oven on high. Keep an eye on these so they don’t burn. You want to rotate a couple of times to give all sides a nice char.