With this healthy banana bread recipe, you’re only a few simple ingredients away from the best banana bread ever! It’s made with whole wheat flour and naturally sweetened with honey or maple syrup. You can easily make this banana bread vegan or gluten-free. Recipe yields 1 loaf (about 10 slices).
- ⅓ cup (75 grams) melted coconut oil or extra-virgin olive oil or high-quality vegetable oil
- ½ cup honey (168 grams) or maple syrup (155 grams)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (225 grams) mashed ripe bananas (about 2 ½ medium or 2 large bananas)
- ¼ cup (56 grams) milk of choice or water
- 1 teaspoon baking soda (NOT baking powder; they aren’t the same!)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon, plus more to swirl on top
- 1 ¾ cups (220 grams) white whole wheat flour or regular whole wheat flour
Totally optional: ½ cup mix-ins like chopped walnuts or pecans, chocolate chips, raisins, chopped dried fruit, fresh banana slices.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit (165 degrees Celsius) and grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, beat the oil and honey together with a whisk. Add the eggs and beat well, then whisk in the mashed bananas and milk. (If your coconut oil solidifies on contact with cold ingredients, simply let the bowl rest in a warm place for a few minutes, like on top of your stove, or warm it for about 10 seconds in the microwave.)
- Add the baking soda, vanilla, salt, and cinnamon, and whisk to blend. Lastly, switch to a big spoon and stir in the flour, just until combined. Some lumps are ok! If you’re adding any additional mix-ins, gently fold them in now.
- Pour the batter into your greased loaf pan and sprinkle lightly with cinnamon. If you’d like a pretty swirled effect, run the tip of a knife across the batter in a zig-zag pattern.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean (typically, if I haven’t added any mix-ins, my bread is done at 55 minutes; if I have added mix-ins, it needs closer to 60 minutes). Let the bread cool in the loaf pan for at least 10 minutes. You may need to run a butter knife around the edges to loosen the bread from the pan. Carefully transfer the loaf to a wire rack to cool before slicing.
- STORAGE SUGGESTIONS: This bread is moist, so it will keep for just two or three days at room temperature. Store it in the refrigerator for five to seven days, or in the freezer for up to three months or so. I like to slice the bread before freezing and defrost individual slices, either by letting them rest at room temperature or lightly toasting them.
- OIL OPTIONS: I love coconut oil here. I used unrefined coconut oil and can hardly taste it in the final product. Olive oil might lend an herbal note to the muffins if you’re into that (I tested with California Olive Ranch’s “Everyday” variety and couldn’t even taste it). Vegetable oil has a neutral flavor, but the average vegetable/canola oil is highly processed, so I recommend using cold-pressed sunflower oil or grapeseed oil if possible.
- FLOUR ALTERNATIVES: In place of the whole wheat flour, you can use an equal amount of all-purpose flour, whole wheat pastry flour, spelt flour, or gluten-free all-purpose flour blend. Or, substitute 2 ½ cups oat flour.
- MAKE MUFFINS: Here’s my banana muffin recipe.
- MAKE IT VEGAN: Use maple syrup instead of honey, replace the eggs with flax eggs and choose non-dairy milk (I used almond milk) or water.
- MAKE IT DAIRY FREE: Choose non-dairy milk (I used almond milk) or water.
- MAKE IT EGG FREE: Replace the eggs with flax eggs.
- MAKE IT GLUTEN-FREE: Use an equal amount of Bob’s Red Mill’s gluten-free blend or 2 ½ cups certified gluten-free oat flour. Do NOT substitute coconut flour.
- MAKE IT LOWER IN FAT: I would argue that this bread contains a healthy amount of fat, but you can replace the oil with applesauce if you’re following a low-fat diet.
Content Source: https://cookieandkate.com/healthy-banana-bread-recipe/
Videos Related to Healthy Banana Bread:
The Other Content Related to Healthy Banana Bread:
Banana Banana Bread Recipe – Allrecipes.com
Recipe by: Shelley Albeluhn
Read More: Banana Banana Bread Recipe – Allrecipes.com
My Favorite Banana Bread Recipe | Sally’s Baking Addiction
In this special FREE series, I reveal my most powerful SECRETS to great baking
Healthy Banana Bread Recipe – Cookie and Kate
Cookie and Kate
Best Banana Bread Recipe – The Salty Marshmallow
The Salty Marshmallow
Every item on this page was chosen by The Pioneer Woman team. The site may earn a commission on some products.
Read More: Banana Bread
Banana Bread Recipe – BettyCrocker.com
You can update your privacy settings to enable this content. Please enable all cookies to use this feature.
Read More: Banana Bread Recipe – BettyCrocker.com
Easy Moist Banana Bread Recipe
Divas Can Cook
Read More: Easy Moist Banana Bread Recipe
Why Banana Bread Has Seen A Social Media Resurgence During …
The 16 Best Store Bought Keto Snacks Money Can Buy
Banana Bread Recipe – NYT Cooking
Suzy Allman for The New York Times
Read More: Banana Bread Recipe – NYT Cooking
Healthy Moist Banana Bread | Gimme Delicious
Read More: Healthy Moist Banana Bread | Gimme Delicious
Brown Butter Banana Bread
Joy the Baker
Read More: Brown Butter Banana Bread
Our Favorite Banana Bread recipe | Epicurious.com
The Best Banana Bread Recipe | My Baking Addiction
Stay up to date! Subscribe to updates: via RSS via Email