- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup canola oil OR melted coconut oil
- 2/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
CHOCOLATE BUTTERCREAM FROSTING
- 1 cup of cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups earth balance vegan butter, softened, baking sticks preferred
- 4-5 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/4-1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
FOR THE CHOCOLATE CAKE
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease two 9-inch cake pans. I also line them with parchment rounds and lightly flour for easy removal of the cakes later.
- Measure 1 cup unsweetened almond milk and add the tablespoon of vinegar to it. Stir slightly and set aside to curdle.
- In a large bowl, add the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk well to combine.
- Now add the oil, applesauce, vanilla, and almond milk/vinegar mixture. Mix on medium speed with a hand mixer (or stand mixer with the paddle attachment) until well combined.
- Lower the speed and carefully pour in the boiling water, continuing to mix into the cake batter until combined. The batter will seem very runny at this point; that is how it should be, trust me!
- Divide the batter evenly between your cake pans. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. After 10 minutes of cooling in the pan, carefully remove the cakes from the pans and let cool completely before frosting.
FOR THE CHOCOLATE BUTTERCREAM FROSTING
- Add the cocoa powder to a large bowl (I just wipe out the cake bowl and use it for the frosting). Whisk well to remove any clumps.
- Add the softened vegan butter and mix with a hand mixer until creamed and well combined.
- Add half of the powdered sugar and half of the almond milk, and mix until combined. Add the rest of the powdered sugar and vanilla extract. Mix starting on low, and turn to high. Mix until fluffy and combined.
- If the frosting seems too dry, add more milk, a tablespoon or two at a time. If the frosting seems too wet and doesn’t hold it’s shape, add more powdered sugar until it thickens up.
- Frost the cake using an icing spatula or just a butter knife.
- For cupcakes, fill liners half full and bake for 20-25 minutes. The whole recipe will yield approximately 24 cupcakes.
- Double the recipe to make a 4 layer cake, or cut in half to make a 1 layer round cake. You can also make a bundt cake, simply bake for 45 minutes. Or a 9 x 13-inch cake, baking for about 35-40 minutes.
- Don’t like a lot of frosting? Cut the frosting ingredients in half. The recipe as written makes enough for thick layers of frosting.
- Nut allergy? You may substitute soy milk or another milk for the almond milk, any non-dairy milk will work here.
- No applesauce? Substitute 2 flax eggs (2 tbs ground flax + 5 tbs water), whipped aquafaba, or another egg replacer such as Bob’s Red Mill (2 eggs worth).
serving: 1 serving, calories: 496 kcal, carbohydrates: 71 g, protein: 4 g, fat: 25 g, saturated fat: 4 g, sodium: 408 mg, potassium: 222 mg, fiber: 4 g, sugar: 53 g, vitamin c: 1 mg, calcium: 59 mg, iron: 2 mg
Source Content: https://www.noracooks.com/vegan-chocolate-cake/
Videos Related to Vegan Chocolate Cake:
The Other Content Source Related to Vegan Chocolate Cake:
Vegan Chocolate Cake Recipe – Allrecipes.com
Recipe by: Angel
Read More: Vegan Chocolate Cake Recipe – Allrecipes.com
The Best (VEGAN) Chocolate Cake Recipe II (eggless, dairy-free …
Best Vegan Chocolate Cake – YouTube
Joy the Baker
Read More: Best Vegan Chocolate Cake – YouTube
CREAMY AND MOIST VEGAN CHOCOLATE CAKE | No Eggs, no …
The very best chocolate cake that just so happens to be vegan
Vegan Chocolate Cake – Super Fudgy! (gluten-free options …
Home » Recipes » Desserts » Cakes » Vegan Chocolate Cake – Super Fudgy! (gluten-free Options)
BEST EVER Vegan Chocolate Cake (Egg Free) – Sweetest Menu
Best Vegan Chocolate Cake (Rich & Moist) | plant.well
We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
The Best Vegan Chocolate Cake – Gretchen’s Vegan Bakery
April 19, 2020 By Gretchen 84 Comments
Creamy and Moist Vegan Chocolate Cake – Baking Cherry
Eggless chocolate cake – Swasthi’s Recipes
Read More: Eggless chocolate cake – Swasthi’s Recipes
The Easiest Gluten Free and Vegan Chocolate Cake. – The Pretty Bee
The Pretty Bee
Vegan Chocolate Cake (certified gluten free), 6in. – Gem City Fine …
Your cart is currently empty!
Chocolate Cake Recipe | Recipes of Holly
Rich, yummy, and most importantly, super easy to make, is what makes this vegan chocolate cake recipe the best!